April 6, 2015 – My new album U R Hear was submitted for distribution today, including iTunes, Amazon MP3, Google Play, Spotify, CD Baby, Shazam, Rdio, Beats Music, eMusic, Rhapsody, simfy, Nokia, Xbox Music, medianet, Tradebit, Slacker, 24/7, 7digital, Myxer, iHeartRadio, Deezer, Omnifone, Guvera, Sony Music, Muve Music, JB Hi-Fi NOW Music, boinc, Samsung Music Hub, GreatIndieMusic, Mondia, Rara, YandexMusic, WiMP, and InProdicon. Sync licensing is available.
After I lost my studio in 1997, I didn't get back into music-making until 2003 when I discovered Reason 2.0 – a virtual rack of music gear and MIDI recording software. But it wasn't until the 2009 that they finally added digital audio recording capability to the program. When I finally purchased an audio interface to connect my guitar to the computer in 2011, I discovered that my aging 1973 Stratocaster frets were so worn down from decades of use that the strings buzzed badly when playing. Proper refretting proved expensive enough that I decided to buy a brand new Fender Classic Series '70s Stratocaster® Electric Guitar in 2012. The latest album does features some guitar, with more guitar-centric releases planned for the next album.
Hi, I'm Wendy Dunham a.k.a. GALXY GIRL from Minneapolis. I write, record, engineer, master and produce all my own music. I began playing acoustic guitar in the early 70's, then switched to electric when I bought a Fender Stratocaster. In the early 80's, I began to incorporate a stack of keyboards, percussion, and effects in my home studio (left), based on MIDI. Those early recordings aired on public radio in 1991 on KFAI in Minneapolis, with one song airing nationally.
- U R Hear (Album) was released 2015 and is now available on iTunes, CD Baby, Google Play, Beats Music, Spotify, Amazon MP3, Sony Music, 7digital, and many more music services worldwide. It features songs from my new all digital studio including guitar and guest vocals.
- Danz Rockcore (Single) was released 2010. This 161 bpm dance genre is not my typical style, but I do like to explore and create new possibilities, thus the reference to my new genre I call rockcore or a blend of rock and hardcore dance music styles. It has reached 55th position on an International Top 100 chart! The song is also inlcuded in my U R Hear album.
- Dreaming With Open Eyes (Album) was released in 2005. Available at iTunes | CD Baby | GALXYgirl
- The Magic of Hyacinth (EP) was released 2007 after having made the switch from a hardware-based studio to software synthesis.
- E-mantra Redux (Single) was released in 2008 and features a retro Moog theremin sound . It's a frenetic, highly caffeinated song!