Hi, I'm Wendy Dunham a.k.a. GALXY GIRL from Minneapolis. I write, record, engineer, master and produce all my own music here in Minneapolis, MN. I began playing acoustic guitar in the early 70's, then switched to electric when I bought a Fender Stratocaster. In the early 80's, I began to incorporate a stack of keyboards, percussion, and effects in my home studio (left), based on MIDI. Those early recordings aired on public radio in 1991 on KFAI in Minneapolis, with one song airing nationally.
- Dreaming With Open Eyes (Album) was released in 2003. Available at iTunes | CD Baby | GALXYgirl
- The Magic of Hyacinth (EP) was released 2007 after having made the switch from a hardware-based studio to software synthesis.
- E-mantra Redux (Single) was released in 2008 and features a retro Moog theremin sound . It's a frenetic, highly caffeinated song!
- The Demonstrated Way (Single) was released 2010. The message? Feel it. Do!
- Danz Rockcore (Single) was released 2010. This 161 bpm dance genre is not my typical style, but I do like to explore and create new possibilities, thus the reference to my new genre I call rockcore or a blend of rock and hardcore dance music styles. It has reached 55th position on an International Top 100 chart!
- U R Hear (Album) is currently in production and slated for release Dec. 2014 or early 2015.
My indie label is Celestial Echoes Music. Up until now, I have released everything under my own name, but I may go with GALXY Girl as my new band name. I do all my own marketing, which is probably why you just discovered me! It's an endless effort and I'm still learning. Music distribution via the interwebs is certainly easier then decades past, but since there is far more music available today than ever before, the competition for attention is fierce! Musicians can easily get lost in the wake. I'm certainly no social magnet like Lady Gaga on Facebook! You can help my fan base grow by clicking the FB "Like" buttons or by buying some tunes!